This is a lot of fun. The folks at Finite Films ask for ideas/constraints from you. Visitors to their website vote on them, and then they put them together into a Hollywood-style short film. The one below is a science fiction film called Stealing Time, made with the following constraints:
- Cannot take place entirely in one location.
- Someone must say the words “time travel.”
- Two characters must have a long-standing rivalry.
- When one character was a kid, he/she used to wish he/she could travel back in time to see real-life dinosaurs.
- One character is a wine lover and is very picky/elitist about their wine.
- One character prefers bubble baths to showers.
- Someone has to say: “I have to go back.”
Watch and see how they wove these constraints into the story line.