Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Seat Post Bike Pump



Riding a bike off road brings with it some risks.  One of them is flat tires.  On my mountain bike, I carry a patch kit and a set of tire irons which I can use to repair a flat tire.  The one issue with this (that I discovered very quickly when I did get a flat tire) is that there is no place on my bike to carry a pump.  I could repair my flat, but I couldn't pump it up.
The folks at BioLogic seem to have come up with a solution to this problem.  They have embedded a pump in the seat post, which is pretty long on folding bikes and mountain bikes, so it ends up being much like a floor pump.  I think it could be a pretty good solution.  Why didn't I think of that?  See the video above for details.

via GizMag

No comments:

Post a Comment