Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Meet Our New Overlords


Yes, I know that it is inevitable that some Terminator-style robots will eventually take over and that our squishy little bioforms will be rendered obsolete.  However, seeing the above video from the RoboCup soccer matches makes me think that day may still be a little way out.  Maybe we still have a few good years to look forward to.  Granted, those are the bloopers, still, I think that even with my rusty soccer skills, we I could take these guys - at least in soccer.

The RoboCup is an initiative including an anual competition with autonomous, soccer playing robots like those in the video above and other areas including search and rescue and home assistants.

You can see more videos of the competition here.
Learn more info about the RoboCup is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment