Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Little Dude on Your Shoulder


Some researchers at Yamagata University have developed a way to let a friend remotely sit on your shoulder so that you don't have to go through the day alone.  They created a little animatronic humanoid form that can gesture and look around via remote control.  This way, your friends can be there with you even if they can't... well sort of.




Its very clever, and you can tell it took a lot of work, but I just don't know that it is what I'm looking for.  I've seen too many cartoons where the angel is sitting on one shoulder and the devil is sitting on the other.  I can just imagine the conversation...
"Should I or shouldn't I?" I think out loud.
"Go on!  Do it!" says the devil.
"No Don't do it!  You'll regret it later," says the angel.
"Come on Roger, just press the button.  Post it!  Its just a blog post!" says the devil.
"You'll be sorry!" says the angel.

Thanks Phil!

No comments:

Post a Comment